top of page

Direct Register Shares from Trade Republic

Updated: Nov 6, 2022

Trade Republic does not direct register shares, so you need to transfer your shares to another broker that can DRS transfer. IBKR is a popular choice for being international, and cheap to initiate direct registration through.

Please Note; if you have GS2C shares, you can convert them to GME for free with Sparkasse. If you want to transfer to IBKR, you will need to use the Cross Border Transfer solution detailed in this guide.

The quickest way is to open an Interactive Broker account, buy a share, and request a DRS transfer (link to guide here). While you wait for your Computershare account to be created, you can transfer your shares from Trade Republic to Interactive Brokers (IBKR) with a Basic FOP Transfer, then from IBKR to Computershare via DRS transfer $5(US) fee.

How to Transfer:

Once your shares are settled in Trade Republic, you need to request Basic FOP Transfer on IBKR.

  • Login in your IBKR account, and click on “Transfer & Pay” from the top menu and select “Transfer Positions”.

  • On the next page select “Incoming”.

  • On the next page select “All Other Regions” from the drop down menu.

  • On the next page select “Basic FOP Transfer".

  • Select TRADE REPUBLIC on the drop down list.

  • For “Your Account Number at the Financial Institution“ put your Trade Republic account number.

  • For “Name of Account Holder at Financial Institution“ put your full name as defined on your Trade Republic account.

  • Select the Account type (most likely individual).

  • Select the country of the Financial Institution (where you access Trade Republic from).

  • For the contact email put

  • Phone: +49-30-5490-6310.

  • You have to add the asset you want to transfer, click on “Add Asset".

  • On the next page search which stock you'd like to transfer:

  • Choose Stock as the asset type and look for symbol GS2C, CUSIP 36467W109 or ISIN. US36467W1099. Important: Select GS2C (EUR), not GME (USD), because you definitely bought GS2C from TR.

  • Click on “Search".

  • On the next page, define how many shares you'd like to transfer and click on “Save and Finish".

  • On the next page you'll see a summary of the transfer. Click on “Continue”.

  • Interactive Brokers will then generate a Letter of Instruction for you. Click on “View Form”, then click on “Print”.

  • Print, sign, and scan back the form back in.

  • On the same day, you need to send an email to Trade Republic with the Letter of Instruction and screenshot of your IBKR account.

  • Send the email to

  • For the subject write: “GME Outgoing Position Transfer Demand”.

  • For the email write: “I would like to order a transfer of (number) Gamestop shares (GS2C) to my account at Interactive Brokers (U*******). The signed form is attached. Kind regards (First name, last name, deposit number at TR)”.

  • Attach the screenshot of your IBKR account, and the transfer form.

  • Hit "Send".

The transfer should be processed within 4 weeks. You will receive an email confirming that the transfer was successfully performed.

After your shares reach IBKR:

If you wish to convert your GS2C shares into GME shares you can raise a ticket with the support team and say:

  • «Dear Support Team, I would like to convert XX shares of GameStop (GS2C) in my account to GameStop (GME). I accept the fees that apply. »

Now you are able to request the DRS transfer from IBKR to Computershare. To do this you can follow our guide on how to DRS transfer from IBKR (link to guide here).



If you have any corrections, or know of any other brokers, please let us know through the feedback page!

bottom of page